It makes me cringe when I get a “friend request” from a business, organization, or association. I cringe less significantly when it’s a group, but there’s still a little sting.
This is a classic case of jumping right in without a little doing research.
Those who would take a little time to explore facebook and learn about its features would have learned a few things that would make them appear less “new” at this social networking game:
2. Pages give you “insights”, which are facebook’s versions of watered-down analytics. That’s valuable info my friends, not to be tossed by the wayside lightly.
3. The number one reason I don’t want to “friend” you or join your “group” is because I don’t want you poking, writing on my wall, or messaging the heck out of me. That’s what updates are for, and when they’re sent out in their rightful place, they’re received with higher effective rates.
Also, from what I hear… they make you pay to create a profile as a non-personal entity. Throwing away money on something they’re giving away for free are we? Bad form.
/rant. Thanks for letting me vent!
Latest posts by Lisa Jeffries (see all)
- Drone Photography Project for Commercial Real Estate Client - July 25, 2016
- Recent Print Ad Work: Babylon Restaurant & Melrose Knitting Mill - July 22, 2016
- Now Hiring for Our Summer Internship Position! - April 27, 2016